BBF Privacy Notice - Updated 1st June 2019
BBF are committed to maintaining the privacy and security or any and all personal information we collect from you. We may update this policy from time to time. The main reason we will collect and process your information is to fulfill orders placed with us and to provide and maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction. In cases where you have specifically requested we will keep you up to date with product releases, news and offers, usually via email.
Please contact the BBF Data Protection Officer to make a request under the Data Protection Act or EU data protection regulation or if you have any questions about your personal information:
What information do we collect
- Information you have provided to us such as Forename, Surname, Delivery address, Billing address, Email address and Contact phone number.
- Information relating to payment transactions processed as part of placing an order with BBF such as payment provider (Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Amex), transaction reference and status.
- Please note we do not store your credit card details.
- If you have signed up for a User Account we store your User Name and an encrypted version of your Password.
- If you contact us (either via our Contact Us page, direct email or via post) we may keep a copy of that correspondence
- General website analytics information relating to how users arrive at our site, how long they stay on the site, pages visited, how our site search is used etc.
If you decide not to provide relevant information this may hinder our ability to respond efficiently to your visit to our website and may mean that we will not be able to take any further action to support your enquiry.
Why we collect this information and How we use it
We collect personal information from you so we can process orders placed and keep you updated on their progress. Only where you have specifically requested will we use any information collected to contact or update you with marketing communications relating to products or services. When you submit an order with us your personal details may be shared internally with our sales staff, customer service staff and warehouse staff and to fulfill the delivery of your order your personal details may be shared with any relevant third-party courier companies.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information is generally that we either have your explicit consent, that we require this information in order to perform a contract with you or that we have a legitimate business interest to do so.
How long we store the information we collect
Where we process your information in order to fulfill an order for goods or services, we will securely store your information as long as is necessary for warranty, financial and tax storage requirements. Once we no longer have a legitimate business need to store or process your personal information we will delete or remove it at the earliest opportunity.
Where we process your personal information in order to keep you updated about products and services we will retain and process that information indefinitely unless you notify us that you no longer wish to receive these communications.
The information we collect may be stored and processed in various locations, this will not include locations outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Who we may Share your personal information with
In order to fully process and deliver orders placed we will share relevant personal information with third parties where required and where you have opted-in to our marketing updates we will share relevant personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
You personal information may be shared with:
- Delivery and logistics partners to facilitate the delivery of your goods.
- Email service providers that enable us to send relevant marketing email communications.
- Server management and data storage providers that host and manage our secure website and business software applications.
- Payment service providers that enable payments online through our website, payment links or over the phone.
- Suppliers and/or Distributors to facilitate direct shipment of goods from third party warehouses to customers.
Your rights under Data Protection Law
Under Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights in certain circumstances as an individual:
- The right of access - you have the right to be told what personal data we hold about you on our database and how we process that data. You also have the right to be provided with a copy of all personal data we hold (in a format and time frame that is reasonable to request, not exceeding 1 month), we will not charge for providing this information.
- The right to request rectification - you have the right to request to have any inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if incomplete.
- The right to request erasure - you have the right to request to have personal data erased, also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. Where appropriate requests have been made, deletion of personal data will be processed within 1 month.
- The right to request to restrict processing - you have the right to request restriction or suppression of you personal data although this only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to request data portability if data you have provided is processed using automated means - you have the right to obtain and reuse the personal data we hold for your own purposes across different services. This would generally involve a copy or transfer of the personal data we hold in an electronic format from one IT environment to another.
- The right to object - you have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above please contact our Data Protection Officer.